PERFECT DESIGN BRIEF
Get your FREE Checklist and 3 Part Video on "How To Prepare the Perfect Design Brief in less than 30 minutes"
Townhouse Designs And Floor Plans
Duplex Building Design Provides Townhouse Designs And Floor Plans
Soaring property prices and high cost of land in some areas have obliged many new developers and homeowners to consider townhouse designs and floor plans that can accommodate terraced houses, separated from one another by a shared wall. This option allows the homeowner, for instance, to house elderly parents alongside them. Alternatively, owners may decide to rent out the second home for extra income.
Opting for a townhouse design compared with a freestanding house does offer many benefits to the new homeowner. These designs need not compromise on living space or comfort; yet they do help with financial outlay, which will be more modest than required for a standard home.
Benefits Of Townhouse Design
Opting for a townhouse design rather than a standalone house does offer many benefits to the new homeowner. Townhouse designs need not compromise on living space or comfort. However, the financial outlay will be much reduced compared with that for a detached home.
- The affordability factor – A townhouse costs less than a detached house with the same number of bedrooms. This cost-saving makes a townhouse more affordable, especially as such townhouse complexes are usually in convenient locations. Townhouses also allow first-time homeowners to enter the property market, using their $20 000 grant to buy a comfortable home, with no ill effects on their preferred lifestyle.
- The maintenance factor – Such home designs are generally associated with low-maintenance, mostly because there are no large outdoor areas to attend to during the week. Yet the small outdoor space is perfectly adequate for outdoor entertaining.
- The location factor – A townhouse development is usually in suburban or urban areas with all the amenities nearby.
When Buying A Modern Townhouse Design, Consider This
Buying a new home can be an emotional experience, filled with excitement. One may easily give in to impulsive behaviour, making a hasty decision one can regret at leisure.
- What sort of lifestyle do you prefer? When considering your preferred lifestyle, you should also bear in mind how your life will change over the next five to ten years. The factors to consider include whether you want to use your home for much entertaining; whether you are planning to start a family; or how far you want to live from work, while taking into account that, with a modern townhouse, many facilities will be communal. You will have to be prepared to share more than when in a detached home.
- Consider how energy-efficient the house is. New builds usually are more energy-efficient, often using double glazing. Whatever material is used, possibly together with solar heating, all choices affect energy costs. Reduction of such expenses is essential.
- Consider the floor plan best suited to your lifestyle. A popular option is open-plan living: this is ideal for young families or retirees. However, open spaces can become noisy. Having the bedrooms on a different level would offer privacy and less noise; however, sleeping upstairs when you are elderly, is impractical.
Why You Should Use Duplex Building Designs
Whether you are interested in a luxury townhouse design or something more moderate, Duplex Building Designs can turn your dream into a reality, from selecting the design, obtaining quotes, to managing the construction process. We have been in operation for eight years and have offices in Wollongong, not far from Sydney, as well as in Kiama in Western Sydney. Duplex Designs focus on various house plans, but concentrate on townhouse designs.
About Duplex Designs
A townhouse design allows the homeowner to reduce building and maintenance costs without undermining luxury. You, as a buyer, can live a modern lifestyle close to amenities, while spending more quality time with your family. Duplex Designs is a company that understands the council building requirements, but also considers all aspects of the planning process. Contact us to pursue your options.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
PERFECT DESIGN BRIEF